The Scrambler is an upcoming pickup truck from FCA’s Jeep division that will essentially be a Wrangler pickup.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the Jeep Scrambler. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) and Jeep.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
2020 Jeep Scrambler
Here’s what we expect from the Jeep Scrambler:
- Essentially a pickup truck version of the Jeep Wrangler
- Traditional tailgate (rather than a unique tailgate such as on the Honda Ridgeline, which was rumored to be available in the Scrambler)
- Midsize dimensions, similar to the Wrangler as well as other midsize pickup trucks, such as the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Ford Ranger, Toyota Tacoma, and Nissan Frontier
- 2.0L Turbo I4 gasoline engine with Mild Hybrid system making 268 horsepower
- 3.6L Naturally-Aspirated Pentastar V6 gasoline engine making 275 horsepower
- 3.0L Turbo V6 diesel EcoDiesel engine making 260 horsepower and 442 pound-feet of torque
- 6-speed manual
- 8-speed automatic
- Essentially a Jeep Wrangler interior modified for a pickup truck body style
- Removable roof for an open-air experience
- Reveal by the end of 2018 calendar year
- Launch in April 2019 as a 2020 model year vehicle
- Price: starting around $30,000, with the top-end Trail-Rated configurations analogous to the Wrangler Rubicon priced at $45,000 or higher
- Expected to have trim level variants similar to Wrangler, including Sport, Sport S, Sahara and Rubicon
- Initially believed to be called Jeep Wrangler Pickup, but now believed to be the Jeep Scrambler
- Toledo Assembly Complex in Toledo, Ohio, USA
- Internal FCA vehicle/product code JT
- June 2018: Jeep Scrambler spy shots reveal front end similar to Jeep Wrangler JL
- April 2018: Jeep Scrambler spy shots show provision for removable roof
- January 2018: Jeep Scrambler spied near FCA headquarters
Follow our coverage of Jeep Scrambler news.
Discuss the upcoming Jeep Scrambler in our Jeep forum.