Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is recalling some units of the 2017-2018 Chrysler Pacifica over an issue with the second row seat belt.
The defect: in certain passenger seating and vehicle situations, the second-row center seating position seat belt buckle could cause the left outboard seat belt to become unlatched.
The hazards: inadvertent unlatching of the left outboard seat belt can increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica equipped with the 8-passenger seating option
- 2018 Chrysler Pacifica equipped with the 8-passenger seating option
Number of vehicles affected: 47,927 (United States figure).
The fix: FCA will notify owners, and dealers will install a shorter second-row seat belt buckle, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin October 20th, 2017.
Owners should: customers looking to find out if their vehicle is included in this Chrysler Pacifica recall should visit recalls.mopar.com and enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open recalls as well as customer satisfaction programs.
Owners can also contact Fiat Chrysler customer service with questions by using the following information.
- FCA Customer Care: 1-800-853-1403
- FCA Recall Number: T54
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153)
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V542000