The first 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio hot lap we witnessed took place during the Lightning Lap 2017 event at Virginia International Raceway, but the run was hindered by rain, chewed up tires, and power delivery issues.
This time around things seem to go much more smoothly as Randy Pobst hot laps the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio around Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for Motor Trend’s 2017 Best Driver’s Car competition.
Ultimately the Giulia Quadrifoglio placed 6th out of 12 competitors, slotting above cars such as the Chevrolet C7 Corvette Grand Sport and Aston Martin DB11, despite being 4 seconds slower than the Corvette. You can see the complete list below:
- Winner: Ferrari 488 GTB
- 2nd Place: Porsche 718 Cayman S
- 3rd Place: Porsche 911 Turbo S
- 4th Place: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
- 5th Place: Mercedes-AMG GT R
- 6th Place: Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
- 7th Place: Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
- 8th Place: Lexus LC 500
- 9th Place: McLaren 570GT
- 10th Place: Mazda MX-5 Miata RF Club
- 11th Place: Nissan GT-R NISMO
- 12th Place: Aston Martin DB11
The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio may not have come away as the top dog, but we wouldn’t call the middle of the bell curve a failure, as it’s the only sedan to place in this rather incredibly stacked competition. Do you agree with these rankings? Hit play to see the hot lap for yourself, then give us your thoughts on the matter in the comment section below.