Mopar has announced that its Sportsman Racers are ready for action at the upcoming 63rd annual NHRA U.S. Nationals event at Lucas Oil Raceway in Clermont, Indiana. Below is an overview of the scheduled events that will occur between August 30th and September 4th, Mopar fanatics will want to take note:
- 17th annual Mopar HEMI® Challenge pits SS/AH racers head-to-head in original Mopar package cars: 1968 Dodge Darts and Plymouth Barracudas on August 31 – September 1
- Mopar Sportsman Appreciation Night on Thursday, August 31 will recognize loyal Mopar-powered Sportsman competitors
- Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Pak vehicles to compete in Factory Stock Showdown class
- Yearlong contingency programs include Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar Drag Pak Rewards Program, Mopar Contingency, Tom Hoover points and Dodge Top Finisher
- Mopar and Dodge displays on Manufacturers Midway to feature fan-friendly activities
Each event is sure to be a thrill, with something to look forward to each day. For instance, the winner of the Hemi Challenge goes home with $15,000 in cash. Fans will also get to see Mopar Top Fuel driver Leah Pritchett go head-to-head with Papa John’s Pizza founder and CEO John Schnatter in a modified Challenger.
“We take pride in how our classic Mopar package cars have remained so popular close to 50 years after they were introduced,” said Pietro Gorlier, Head of Parts and Service (Mopar), FCA – Global. “As we celebrate our brand’s 80th anniversary in 2017, we continue to support the passion and commitment of our Sportsman racers not only through the Mopar HEMI Challenge, but also with contingency programs and our modern-day package car, the Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Pak.”
If you’re planning to attend, know that the price of admission varies, though some of the events are free for children ages 12 and under. To find out more information or to purchase tickets, click here.