The defect: the front driveshaft bolts may loosen and allow the front driveshaft to disconnect, potentially causing a loss of motive power.
The hazards: a loss of motive power can increase the risk of a crash.
- 2014-2017 Dodge Charger AWD
- 2014-2017 Chrysler 300 AWD
Number of vehicles affected: 69,298 vehicles (United States figure).
The fix: FCA will notify owners, and dealers will replace all eight front driveshaft bolts, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 31, 2017.
Owners should: customers looking to find out if their vehicle is included in this Dodge Charger recall and Chrysler 300 recall should visit recalls.mopar.com and enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open recalls as well as customer satisfaction programs.
Owners can also contact FCA customer service with questions by using the following information.
- FCA Customer Care: 1-800-853-1403
- FCA Recall Number: T03
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153)
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V097000