Maserati is recalling certain units of the Quattroporte and Ghibli over weeping or leaking fuel lines.
The defect: affected vehicles have fuel lines that may weep or leak fuel.
The hazards: a fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
- 2014-2015 Maserati Quattroporte
- 2014-2015 Maserati Ghibli
Number of vehicles affected: 10,879 vehicle (United States figure). It is possible that the vehicles are also being recalled in markets outside the U.S.
The fix: Maserati will notify owners, and dealers will install a new fuel line, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 28, 2017.
Owners should: customers looking to find out if their vehicle is included in this Maserati recall should visit this website. There, owners will be able to enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open recalls. If the vehicle is part of the recall, customers should take it to a Maserati dealer.
Owners can also contact Maserati customer service with questions by using the following information.
- Maserati Customer Service: 1-201-510-2369
- Maserati Recall Number: 339
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153)
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V045000