Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is recalling some units of the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango over an issue that could cause a fuel leak and result in a fire.
The defect: during the assembly of the engine, the fuel rail crossover tube may have been damaged, which, over time, may result in a fuel leak.
The hazards: a fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source, can increase the risk of a fire.
- 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2016 Dodge Durango manufactured February 10, 2016 to April 28, 2016 and equipped with a 3.6L engine built at the Saltillo engine plant.
Number of vehicles affected: 30,183 (United States figure).
The fix: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the engine assembly for damage to the fuel rail crossover tube, replacing it as necessary, free of charge.
Owners should: customers looking to find out if their vehicle is included in this Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee recall should visit recalls.mopar.com and enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open recalls as well as customer satisfaction programs.
Owners can also contact Fiat Chrysler customer service with questions by using the following information.
- FCA Customer Care: 1-800-853-1403
- FCA Recall Number: S85
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153)
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V814000