A Florida man’s Jeep Grand Cherokee was totaled after his Samsung Galaxy 7 Note exploded while charging in the vehicle and set it ablaze, FOX13 reports.
Nathan Dornacher’s Jeep was running in his driveway with his cellphone inside charging when it caught fire, he said. The Galaxy 7 Note was recalled by Samsung in 10 countries last week after the Korean company received 35 confirmed instances of the phones exploding or catching fire.
The St. Petersburg fire department arrived on scene and promptly put the blaze out before it could spread to Dornacher’s house or his neighbor’s properties. No injuries have been linked to the faulty Galaxy 7 Note as of yet.
Samsung is currently allowing Galaxy Note 7 owners to swap their phones free of charge for a less combustible model, so if that’s you, be sure you switch your phone out before it can burn your car and house down to the ground.