Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is recalling certain units of the Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Caravan, as well as the Dodge Journey and Ram ProMaster over an issue with the transmission pump.
The defect: the transmission pump may seize causing a loss of hydraulic pressure.
The hazards: if the transmission loses hydraulic pressure, the vehicle may lose motive power, increasing the risk of a crash.
- 2015-2016 Chrysler Town & Country manufactured July 31, 2015 to April 18, 2016
- 2015-2016 Dodge Grand Caravan manufactured July 31, 2015 to April 18, 2016
- 2016 Dodge Journey manufactured August 17, 2015 to January 29, 2016
- 2016 RAM ProMaster manufactured August 15, 2016 to April 15, 2016
Number of vehicles affected: 26,299 (United States figure).
The fix: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the transmission pump, free of charge. The recall began on August 18th, 2016.
Owners should: customers looking to find out if their vehicle is included in this Jeep recall should visit recalls.mopar.com. There, owners will be able to enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open recalls as well as customer satisfaction programs.
Owners can also contact Fiat Chrysler customer service with questions by using the following information.
- FCA Customer Care: 1-800-853-1403
- FCA Recall Number: S44
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153)
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V461000