Maserati North America is recalling the 2014-2016 Maserati Quattroporte and Ghibli over a suspension issue.
The defect: during the assembly process, the rear tie-rod to hub assembly attaching bolt may not have been properly tightened.
The hazards: an improperly-tightened rear tie-rod to hub carrier assembly attaching bolt may allow the tie-rod to separate from the hub carrier, resulting in a loss of control, increasing the risk of a crash.
- 2014-2016 Maserati Quattroporte manufactured February 1, 2013 to to September 18, 2015
- 2014-2016 Maserati Ghibli manufactured February 1, 2013 to to September 18, 2015
Number of vehicles affected: 26,464 (United States figure).
The fix: Maserati will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the left and right rear tie-rod to hub carrier assembly attaching bolts to verify that they are properly tightened, replacing the rear tie-rod to hub carrier assembly as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on July 1, 2016
Owners should: customers looking to find out if their vehicle is included in this Maserati recall should visit maseratiusa.com and click on Recalls by VIN under the Services section. There, owners will be able to enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open recalls as well as customer satisfaction programs.
Owners can also contact Maserati customer service with questions by using the following information.
- Maserati Customer Care: 1-201-510-2369
- Maserati Recall Number: 303
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153)
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V264000