Maserati is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 Quattroporte and Ghibli over an issue that could result in the driver-side floor mat becoming trapped between the accelerator pedal and vehicle carpet, possibly causing the accelerator pedal to become stuck.
The defect: in affected vehicles, the driver-side floor mat anchor may break allowing the floor mat to move and get trapped between the accelerator pedal and the vehicle carpet.
The hazards: if the floor mat moves and becomes trapped between the accelerator and the vehicle carpet, it may result in very high vehicle speeds, which could cause a crash, serious injury or death.
- 2014-2016 Quattroporte manufactured February 1, 2013, to November 30, 2015
- 2014-2016 Ghibli manufactured February 1, 2013, to November 30, 2015
Number of vehicles affected: 28,235 (United States figure).
The fix: Maserati will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver-side floor mat and possibly the accelerator pedal cover, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 29th, 2016.
Owners should: customers looking to find out if their vehicle is included in this Maserati recall should visit this website. There, owners will be able to enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open recalls. If the vehicle is part of the recall, customers should take it to a Maserati dealer.
Owners can also contact Maserati customer service with questions by using the following information.
- Maserati Customer Service: 1-201-816-2600
- Maserati Recall Number: 301
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Recall Number: 16V122000