Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is recalling 184 units of its Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Grand Caravan vans over an issue that could result in the vehicles’ windshields being displaced during a crash.
The defect: the windshield on the affected vehicles may have been installed using expired urethane primer, allowing the windshield to become displaced in the event of a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 212, “Windshield Mounting.”
The hazards: if the windshield dislodges during a crash, there is an increased risk of occupant injury.
- 2015-2016 Chrysler Town and Country manufactured August 16, 2014, to December 5, 2015
- 2014-2015 Dodge Grand Caravan manufactured August 16, 2014, to December 5, 2015
Number of vehicles affected: 184 (United States figure).
The fix: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the windshield, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on March 4th, 2016.
Owners should: customers looking to find out if their vehicle is included in this Chrysler and Dodge recall should visit recalls.mopar.com. There, owners will be able to enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open recalls as well as customer satisfaction programs.
Owners can also contact Chrysler customer service with questions by using the following information.
- Chrysler Customer Service: 1-800-853-1403
- Dodge Customer Service: 1-800-423-6343
- Chrysler Recall Number: S02
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153)
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Recall Number: 16V044000